Saturday 29 September 2012

Laine Blogger Award!


I was incredibly lucky to be nominated for the Laine Blogger Award by the lovely Maya from Spider Leg Lashes and Sneha from Sneha Says

These two girls are some of the loveliest girls I've encountered since blogging, and were among my first ever followers :) They are two of my favourite bloggers and you should most definitely check them out because they are incredible! Thanks so much for the nomination ladies!!





The Rules:
Tag the blogger who awarded you.
Answer the five questions below.
Award the Laine Blogger Award to 5 of your favourite bloggers.

Question 1: What is your current beauty obsession? 
I’m obsessed with eye makeup lately. I love looking at eye shadows and swatching them all on the back of my hand and arms until I look like a colourful zebra. I love the effect eye shadow can have if you know how to apply it properly, and how it can really make your eyes look bigger and more defined. I’m also fascinated by how different mascaras affect the lashes, and love playing around with kohl and gel eyeliners. I keep my eyes pretty natural looking, but it’s really surprising how many variations of 'natural' there are! Playing around with eye makeup feels so arty and creative.

Question 2: What is one beauty item you wished you owned? 
I have been dreaming of owning the Naked Palette by Urban Decay for so long, and FINALLY it has appeared on Beauty Bay so I’ve just ordered it. So my dream will be a reality shortly! Then I’ll want to own the Naked 2 Palette! I also really want a MAC blending brush but can’t justify the exorbitant cost of them here in Australia.

Question 3: What is your favourite post to read or write about? 
My favourite post to write about is creative/crafty ideas, or more personal ones and answering questions. I love my Survey Sunday ones. My favourite to read would also be more personal ones, or monthly beauty favourites, reviews, or creative ones.

Question 4: What inspired you to become a blogger? 
I have always loved writing and haven’t done a lot of it lately. I didn’t realise just how much I missed it until I started this blog. My friend also became a makeup artist, she recommended all these beauty Youtubers for me to watch, and I started full time work where I had to look presentable all around the same time. This resulted in developing a strong interest in makeup and using the internet as a form of expression, and I just got inspired to write my own to contribute my opinions and ideas to the world in some small way. It also provided me with the creative outlet I was desiring and lacking at work.

Question 5: What nail polish are you wearing right now? 
OPI’s Nein Nein Nein, OK Fine! It’s from the Germany collection and is a lovely creamy dark grey/green colour. I’m very surprised at how much I like it! And I love the super glossy finish.

So now I nominate the following amazing bloggers (love your work girls!!):

1. Ellie from Ellalogy
2. George from Life at the Coop
3. Perla from Perlaxmakeup
4. Laura from White Winters
5. Rachel from Live.Food.Love

Thanks again for the nominations Maya and Sneha, and can't wait to read the answers of the lovely bloggers I've nominated! 

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! It's Grand Final Day here in Melbourne and everyone is all excited!! 

x

11 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you so much for the kind words and recommendation, Kate! You're one of my favorite bloggers, too, and I always look forward to your updates!

    I completely get where you're coming from about blogging being a creative outlet. When you're stuck behind a desk all day, it's nice to have a fun project to look forward to that is all yours. :) x


    http://sneha-says.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe aw you make me blush :P haha thanks so much for the lovely comments Sneha :)
      All of those sentiments apply just as much to you too, you're an incredible blogger and I always look forward to reading your posts!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me Kate! I will be sure to do it later this week!

    You definitely won't regret purchasing the Naked palette... it is so useful! And that OPI polish has the funniest name ever!!!

    x Ellie
    http://ellalogy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, your nomination is well deserved!! My Naked Palette just arrived in the mail, I LOVE IT! Best purchase decision! Any tips on the best colour combos?

      I know, OPI's have the most hilarious names! I wonder who has the job of inventing them? :P
      x

      Delete
    2. I finally did my post! Thanks again so much for nominating me!!!

      And I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the Naked Palette! I love the colors Sin and Toasted for a fairly neutral eye, but seriously they are all useful! xx

      Delete
  3. Aw, you are too lovely! :) You are so so welcome. I love having a blog as a little creative outlet too. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe aww :)

      I know I miss being creative, as you grow up it seems you get less opportunities to be creative and imaginative :(

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating me! You just made my day!

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out my blog, I have taged you! Thanks again for nominating me <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, can't wait to read your answers! x

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! Thanks so much for reading :)