Tuesday 11 September 2012

Survey Sunday - September 9th 2012

I’m so sorry Survey Sunday is a day late, I had a very busy weekend and also completed the questions on Saturday for the Liebster award so I think I thought I’d already done it for this weekend but then realised I hadn’t!

This week it’s been mostly lovely Spring weather in Melbourne that has made me feel all happy and long for the warmer months. It’s funny how the weather can have such an impact on your mood.

I went to fashion week, had lots of lovely dinners out with friends and the boyfriend, had a games night, had a girls movie night where we watched Pearl Harbour (how had I never seen this film before!?), and also did that exercise session I posted about in that Health Overhaul post I did recently.

My ENTIRE body is aching. My friend who organised it tells me this is a good thing because my muscles are rebuilding and when I’m in pain I’m burning calories. But I just want to tell her to never speak to me again for making me do this :P It was good but boy has it showed me how unfit I am! Managed to do my work out in 50 minutes in case you wanted to know how long it took. It’s definitely encouraging me to exercise more so the next time won’t be as hard!

Anyway, now moving on to this week’s questions:

1) What are you doing/what do you want to do as a job?
At University, I completed a double degree in Psychology and Marketing, and a minor in Journalism. I’m going down the Marketing path right now, and got accepted into a grad program as a marketing graduate, which I have done since the beginning of this year. So I’m hoping that I will find my niche in Marketing soon, and find a role I am passionate about that allows me an element of creativity.

2) What are your top 3 favourite TV shows of all time?
This is in here more because I’m interested in finding out your favourites, because if you read a recent post I did you should know mine! Just to refresh your memories, mine are One Tree Hill, Lost and Friends. Love them.

3) What is your favourite thing to go shopping for?
Beauty products! They always fit, are always beautiful and colourful, are super fun to play with, and are relatively cheap compared to other things I could have a shopping addiction for.

4) If you won the lottery for 10 million (dollars/pounds/euros, etc), what would you do with it?
Scream for joy and throw a pile of money up in the air so it showered down on me like in the movies! :P
Then I would most likely spend about 2 million on a lavish home in a gorgeous location, buy the car of my dreams, go on a world trip staying in fancy hotels, give 1-2 million to my family, and give some to charity. I would also ensure I put at least 5 million in a high interest bearing account so I could live off interest. I also might start a small business in an area I’m passionate about. And maybe also buy an investment home and/or a holiday home. WHAT A LIFE!

5) If you have a blog, what made you start one?
I’ve always had an enormous love of writing, I used to keep joint diaries with my best friend throughout school and wrote in it every night. And I used to email and send letters every day to friends. In the last few years I’ve barely written a single thing, and I have missed it incredibly. I also got really into reading blogs in the last year, and watching Youtube channels. Plus I really needed a creative outlet and something that’s entirely mine. My full time job isn’t as creative as I would have liked, at least not yet. So this really helps fill my creative void!

6) What are your three biggest fears?
Spiders, needles and jumping off/over heights. Sloths come a closer fourth :P

7) How many languages can you speak and what are they?
Just English, but I have a very basic knowledge of French after learning it for a few years at school and visiting France a couple of times. Also can speak fluent rabbit to my bunny.

_______________________________________


Now it's your turn! 
Copy and paste your responses to the questions in the comments below: 
1) What are you doing/what do you want to do as a job?

2) What are your top 3 favourite TV shows of all time?

3) What is your favourite thing to go shopping for?

4) If you won the lottery for 10 million (dollars/pounds/euros, etc), what would you do with it?

5) If you have a blog, what made you start one?

6) What are your three biggest fears?

7) How many languages can you speak and what are they?

6 comments:

  1. What are you doing/what do you want to do as a job?
    I'm currently at university studying Primary Education. 2 years left and I'll be a qualified Primary School teacher! :)

    What are your top 3 favourite TV shows of all time?
    Ohhh tough choice! The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Come Dine With Me and Friends. :) (Can't I pick more?! Haha.)

    What is your favourite thing to go shopping for?
    Clothes!

    If you won the lottery for 10 million (dollars/pounds/euros, etc), what would you do with it?
    I'd out some in the bank and live off the interest, like you! I'd also pay for driving lessons and a car, buy my mum a new house and pay off my uni debts and donate to charity - how exciting. Haha.

    If you have a blog, what made you start one?
    I love reading blogs and figured I'd start my own! I also love writing.

    What are your three biggest fears?
    Heights (particularly above water), getting old and losing loved ones.

    How many languages can you speak and what are they?
    Only English! I did French at school, but remember hardly anything! And like you and your rabbit, I speak fluent cat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow which class do you want to teach? What a rewarding job, my mums a teacher of little kids too!
      Yay for Friends, seems to be in most peoples top three that I've asked!
      What age can you get your license where you are? We can get it at 18 but I waited until I was 22 because I was lazy and also because I live right near a train station and had lovely friends who drove me around :P
      Oh I wish I could win 10 million!!
      I think I thought too basic with my fears haha, I'm obviously scared of your last two and dying and stuff too. I just hate spiders and needles THAT much I got temporarily blinded :P
      Love that you speak fluent cat ;) go us animal whisperers!!
      Loved reading your answers, thanks for taking the time to fill them out! xx

      Delete
  2. 1) What are you doing/what do you want to do as a job?
    Just about to start my Bachelor of Psychology, cannot wait!!!

    2) What are your top 3 favourite TV shows of all time?
    House, Lost and Dexter (although I'm currently getting through Greys Anatomy which I LOVE!)

    3) What is your favourite thing to go shopping for?
    Anything.... If someone else is paying!! But clothes and beauty stuff... and I love Lush

    4) If you won the lottery for 10 million (dollars/pounds/euros, etc), what would you do with it?
    I'd divide 4 mil between my fam and friends, bank 4 mil, divide 1 mil between charities I love, 1 mil for me to play and be materialistic with (I'd get a new car, deck out my wardrobe, move, have a party and what ever else I felt like!) This is like my favourite question to ask people! I've given this a lot of thought... Just waiting for someone to give me the money now!

    5) If you have a blog, what made you start one?
    Don't have one.... love reading them!

    6) What are your three biggest fears?
    Vomiting and getting to the end of my life and having regrets (should have/would have/could have), Carpe Diem I say!

    7) How many languages can you speak and what are they?
    English only, If I could pick a language to be directly injected into my brain it would be spanish

    Yay for Survey Sundays!
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for psychology, you'll love it! I miss it now I'm not doing it anymore! You learn a lot about yourself too whilst doing it :)
      YAY FOR LOST! LOST LOST LOST! Is House a violent show? Do you think I would like it knowing what you do about my other favourites? I always just steer away from medical shows because of my fear of seeing gore and guts :P
      Would I also like Greys do you think? I already KNOW Dexter would be way too violent for me haha.
      Haha I wish someone could always pay for what I shop for :P Love Lush also, can't beat their bath bombs. In fact I think I'm going to go have a bath with one now!
      Oh I forgot to mention when I bought the big house that I'd let my friends move in and we'd have the funnest house in the world :P Good answer, clearly you've put a lot of thought into it! Maybe by answering this question you'll stack the odds in your favour to actually win it one day :P
      Your first fear is really interesting, was there a trigger that made you scared of it? It's never pleasant I suppose!
      Yay thanks for filling our this weeks questions! xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post! I couldn't help myself, I filled it in too :)

    1) What are you doing/what do you want to do as a job?
    I'm a student, but I work at a jeweler, part time.

    2) What are your top 3 favourite TV shows of all time?
    Gossip Girl, Lost and Scrubs. Unfortunately I'm a mess when it comes to following tv shows. I've seen the first few seasons and that's it haha. Except for Scrubs!

    3) What is your favourite thing to go shopping for?
    Beauty products, definitely. Love to try out new things and test everything in the stores.

    4) If you won the lottery for 10 million (dollars/pounds/euros, etc), what would you do with it?
    I'd buy a big safe and keep it in there until I've calmed down from winning it, so I don't take any foolish decisions! I'd probably spend it on my family and on a holiday.

    5) If you have a blog, what made you start one?
    Many reasons why I started a blog. I wanted to express my creativity, I love to write, I wanted to interact with people with the same interests, there's no one I can talk to about beauty in my environment, but my blog is also a way to express myself.. Many reasons that pushed me to finally start one!

    6) What are your three biggest fears?
    Not able to learn new things anymore, being alone and drowning.

    7) How many languages can you speak and what are they?
    I speak a few, but I want to learn so many more! I speak English, Dutch and Berber fluently. I speak quite some Arabic. I can understand French and I can reply in poor sentences. I can understand Turkish.
    I'm currently trying to learn Afrikaans. I also want to learn Russian, Portuguese, Japanese and Italian.

    Great post!!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks so much for filling it out! Made my day!
      Oh what a cool part time job! Do you sell jewellery or make it?
      Love all three of your top shows, great picks! So excited for Gossip Girl to start back, only 13 eps ever left though :( sad!
      You have to keep watching them!!!! Aren't you super curious to know how everything turns out? What did you think of the later seasons of Scrubs?
      Good plan with the winnings, they say if you win a lot of money you should put it in the bank for a year so you have enough time to think rationally about it!
      Great reasons for starting your blog, same thing with me. Scary fears! :S
      Oh my goodness the amount of languages you can speak is so impressive! You're incredible! Do you find it harder as you age to be able to learn new languages? Gosh you put my measly basic French to shame :P
      Did you learn them all at school? Wow I'm in awe!
      Thanks so much for filling this out, loved reading it! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! Thanks so much for reading :)