Saturday 8 September 2012

Liebster Award!




I very luckily got nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful Perla - thank you so much for the nomination! Her blog is brilliant and you should definitely check it out here.


So here are the rules:

1.     Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves
2.     They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them
3.     They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag
4.     They must then choose 11 bloggers to tag with less than 200 followers
5.     These lucky bloggers must be told
6.     There are no tag backs


11 random things about me:
  1. I have an insane but very real fear of sloths
  2. My boyfriend bet me that I couldn't name all 50 American states, so I learnt them and proved him wrong. Now I can recite all 50!
  3. I can twitch my nose
  4. I am addicted to Extra Peppermint gum, seriously go through about 5 pieces a day
  5. When I doodle I always end up sketching the Australian Flag! It's the best doodle ever because it contains so many fun things to draw like stars, lines, crosses etc
  6. When I'm bored and feel like a laugh I Youtube "baby bunny binky". Do it, I promise you won't regret it
  7.  One of my favourite things to do is watch shows and movies I love with someone who hasn't seen them before
  8. I love it when people draw on my hand
  9. I dream really vividly and I'm hoping a book idea will come to me eventually in dream form
  10. I have an unnatural obsession with checking the weather app and knowing the 7 day forecast at all times
  11. Aside from English I speak fluent rabbit and only me and my bunny can understand it. It's a cross between baby talk and made up words said in a high pitched voice 



Questions for me to answer from Perla:

  1. Do you like anime? If so which is your favourite? No I do not sorry, and I know virtually nothing about it I'm afraid! :S 
  2. What is your favourite movie genre? I'm a real movie buff so pretty much anything going but my all time favourite genres would be psychological thrillers, apocalypse “how are we ever going to survive” films, and romantic dramas. 
  3. What song are you obsessed with right now? I’ve just properly discovered Ben Folds and I’m currently listening to his song ‘From Above’ on repeat.
  4. Who is your fashion crush? Miranda Kerr.
  5. What is your favorite Holiday? Christmas- love the festive vibe, summer time, BBQs, beach, seeing family and friends, presents, smell of Christmas trees… can’t beat it!
  6. What is something nerdy about you? I used to and occasionally still do love playing The Sims. I also find some fascination with watching my boyfriend play Half Life - it’s like a thriller/horror film that you can control! 
  7. What’s your favorite ice cream flavour? Love vanilla and strawberry… really don’t like chocolate for some reason. Loving currently the new White Chocolate Strawberry Crumble Magnums!
  8. When did you start wearing make up? I started really subtly wearing it in about year 9- just a mineral foundation and blush mainly, and then the whole shebang when I went out at night. Properly started wearing it every single day since starting my full time job. 
  9. Blush or bronzer? Blush. It just makes you look so fresh and vibrant and healthy and glowing. Plus I’m pale anyway so sometimes it’s fun to just embrace that and not overload on bronzer and instead complement the fairness with blusher.
  10. Stilettos or wedges? Stilettos because I don’t own any wedges. But I generally won’t wear stilettos even, just regular high heels for me! And I’d choose pretty flats over both.
  11. Dog or cat? Can I say rabbit? No? Ok then cat because they are so fluffy and Ingrid’s (Miss Glamorazzi) cat Nugget has made me fall in love with cats. 


My questions for my lucky tagged bloggers to answer:
  1. What do you do to relax?
  2. What are your biggest fears?
  3. What are three things that are unique about you?
  4. What TV show is your favourite and why?
  5. What are your top three bands of all time?
  6. What is your favourite thing to shop for?
  7. What does your natural hair look like?
  8. What are three things you love about yourself?
  9. Why did you start blogging?
  10. What is your favourite colour of nail polish?
  11. Where do you see yourself in five years?

I nominate (in no particular order) the following incredible bloggers:

  1. Live.Food.Love
  2. Spider Leg Lashes
  3. Sneha Says 
  4. Life at the Coop
  5. Ellalogy
  6. Amor
  7. Unevenlemming Beauty
  8. A Nutty Style of Life
  9. String of Events
  10. There's Something About Beauty
  11. Our Little Balham Life



Well that's about it! Congratulations to all of the blogs I nominated, over the month I have
been blogging I've particularly enjoyed yours. So a big well done is in order! :D Thanks again
Perla for my nomination.

Hope you're all having a brilliant weekend  xx

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tag! You actually have a lot of random things in common with me. Especially the vivid dream thing! I actually had a story idea come to me in a dream once, and I used it to write a script for screenwriting class back in University. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Missed you on the blogosphere! Haha glad to know I'm not the only weirdo with these random tendencies :P
      That's so cool you could use a dream idea in something! I hope that happens to me soon :P

      x

      Delete
  2. ooh ooh! I will get on to this quick sticks tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay! Can't wait to read your responses to my questions :D fun!

      Delete
  3. thanks for the tag. i have 2 exams to study for and a presentation due on monday so i'll try and remember to do this later in the week. i might do it on my tumblr though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries :) To be honest I barely understand what this award thing is haha, so just did it for the funsies and also to congratulate blogs I like. So don't feel like you have to do it, just feel flattered :P
      Gosh sounds like you're super time poor, good luck with it all x

      Delete
  4. I loved reading your answers especially the bunny talk! Thanks for participating! <3

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay, glad you enjoyed my crazy answers :P Good questions you invented! Thanks again for the nomination, was great fun to do. x

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the tag! I loved reading your answers, and we definitely have a few things in common... can't wait to start working on mine! And oh my goodness, I had never heard of White Chocolate Strawberry Crumble Magnums but they sound delicious!

    x Ellie
    http://ellalogy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime :D Looking forward to reading your answers! And OH MY GOODNESS they are absolutely incredible, try them if you get the chance. Or just google them and drool over them :P
      x

      Delete
  6. You beauty :) Thank you so much! I'm going to have to steal one of the nominations (Nicola's blog) because I would've chosen that one ;) So she's going to end up with two awards haha!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Of course, love love love your blog! Always read it, it's so refreshing and genuine!
      Of course steal away, go Nicola for getting so many nominations! :P
      x

      Delete
  7. This was really entertaining to read, love the fact that you learnt all 50 states to prove your boyfriend wrong! I'm also the biggest nerd ever and ADORE HALF LIFE! Hahaha.
    Thank you so much for the nomination! :) I've already done this so I don't know if I'm allowed to do it again - is that against the rules or something? Haha.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha our whole relationship is proving each other wrong :P hehe! How good is Half Life! I can't believe I got so into it, and all I was doing was watching it! I can't wait until they bring out the new one!
      Haha I don't really fully understand this award to be honest, so have no idea about whether you can do it again. Either way, just feel flattered that I like your blog lots :P
      Well done! xx

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, I know what that's like! Although my boyfriend haaates being wrong (and so do I) so things can get a little heated. :P I know, saaaame - ahhhh! What nerds we are! I do so definitely feel flattered. :) xo

      Delete
  8. Ah wow thank you very much :) Much love back! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! Thanks so much for reading :)