Saturday 11 August 2012

Creative Project Idea from a Reader

The other day one of my lovely blog readers Sarah, posted a very creative idea in the comments section of my desk decorating post. I loved the idea so much that I asked her to send me a photo so I could include it in one of my posts.




Here are Sarah's instructions on how to make your own 'whiteboard' planner:

"I too wanted to spruce up my desk a while back, so I decided to get creative. I had a blast making this with a friend one afternoon - it's a cheap weekly planner "whiteboard":

You'll need:
- a simple A4 photo frame (from a $2 dollar shop is fine)
- a sheet of fancy A4 paper for the background (I got mine from a scrapbooking store)
- 7 of those free paint colour sample cards (from the local hardware shop)

I arranged the paint sample cards on the backing paper to represent the days of the week (writing "M, T, W", etc in the corner), then framed it. Using an erasable "liquid chalk pen" (like the ones they use to write the menu in restaurants), I can write on the glass of the frame to plan out my week. All for under $5, and a very professional-looking end product. Give it a go!"


So what do you think of this idea? Isn't she amazing! Please send her some love in the comments section below! Thanks so much Sarah!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks really good; such a creative and cost effecient way to make a professional and practical whiteboard. I'm definitely going to try this as my next DIY project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sarah's amazing isn't she! I love DIY projects, I so miss art class at school now I'm older!

      Delete
  2. This is such a wonderful idea! I'm very tempted to try this out myself. I have diary that I write in to schedule things, but I'd love to have something to refer to at a glance. This is perfect for that! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'll definitely be making this myself, to add to my desk at work. My desk is going to be jam packed full of things at this rate! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a fabulous idea with so many possibilities with colours. I love it and am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's really great how personalised you can make it, with the background and all the colours :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! Thanks so much for reading :)