Thursday 23 August 2012

MAC Lunchtime Haul

The other day on one of my work lunch breaks I stopped by the MAC counter and purchased Sable eye shadow and the Teddy eyeliner pencil and sharpener. 



If you recall my August Favourite Beauty Products post I wrote recently, I stated that I hadn’t found my holy grail eyeliner.

WELL... now I can say I think I just may have stumbled across it. Teddy is incredible!

Teddy is a rich and fairly dark gorgeous brown with subtle gold flecks. It is an eye kohl and one of MAC’s softer pencils. It is so smooth and creamy to apply and smudges brilliantly when you need it to, but once it’s on it doesn’t budge all day on my eye lids. It also suits my eye colour really well, bringing out the gold flecks in my eyes. It’s great to apply along my lash lines and smudge into my top lashes, as it makes my lashes look much thicker. The brown is much more flattering on my eyes than black, and Teddy is a great office appropriate choice.


Teddy

Considering I already have some quite similar MAC brown eye shadows, such as Mulch and Satin Taupe, I probably didn’t really ‘need’ Sable. But that’s no fun is it! Sable is a warmer version of Satin Taupe, and it’s more of a reddish coppery medium tone brown. It's a Frost, so it has a pretty pearlescent shine to it rather than shimmer. 

I really like it, particularly as a crease colour with Naked Lunch across my eyelid. It sort of achieves that brown/mauve/pinkish look that I mentioned I was seeking in my Maybelline Haul post a couple of weeks ago. 

Sable

Because everyone seems to want to know how it compares to it’s quite similar Satin Taupe cousin, here are the two of them swatched together:

Top: Satin Taupe; Middle: Sable; Bottom: Teddy


L-R Satin Taupe and Sable

Which do you prefer? Like I said in my Colours Post, I’m a cool toned person, so I think Satin Taupe suits me better as a more prominent colour (i.e. all over my lid), but I much prefer Sable in my crease as it’s so incredibly pretty.

Both Teddy and Sable were $32, and they are available from any MAC counter or store.

Do you own either of these products? If so what are your thoughts on them? 

6 comments:

  1. I don't own any of these products but i have heard great things about the eyeliner in Teddy, looks gorgeous :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! There's just something about it that turns it from a regular eye liner to a WOW eyeliner. Must be those gold flecks! x

      Delete
  2. Both gorgeous colours but I think I prefer Satin Taupe! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think I agree, I prefer the brown Satin Taupe gives than the more bronzey brown Sable gives. It's just more flattering to my colouring. But still love Sable :P x

      Delete
  3. I never know how to wear eyeshadow without looking over-the-top; these colours seem pretty forgiving though, so I might have to give it a go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm these colours are great staple colours, particularly Satin Taupe. If you want to start getting into wearing eye shadow, perhaps start with more neutral shades such as MAC's Naked Lunch or Jest something that you can quickly sweep across your whole eyelid and it gives you that bit of shimmer and prettiness without looking too over the top.

      I'll do a review soon of my MAC eyeshadow staple colours and perhaps that will give you eye shadow ideas! :D x

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! Thanks so much for reading :)